Nectar Guitars & Co. Inc

Nectar Guitars & Co. Inc. ______________________________________________________________________ "As Sweet As It Gets" Handcrfted, Fine Musical instruments By: RPO Sr."Acoustic Guitars, Gourd Instruments, (Banjos, Ukes) (Fretted & Fretless) Call to order (716) 392-8129

Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Travel Tote

I set myself up with a "tote" of hand tools that I bring in and out of the house and the shop.
The contents of the tote change but some things are always packed in there.
The tote is an old plastic drawer from a file cabinet I had layin around.
You could use anything you want though.
The bottom is lined with an old piece of carpet to keep things from shiftin' and bangin' around.

I do this so I can work on small projects and hang out in the house.
My wife don't bust my chops about the small messes it makes to work in the house.
I can sit at the table and listen to the goin's on in the house. laugh and joke with the family or sit in my chair & watch the Sabres game or the Buffalo Bills ball games and still create instruments or parts.
The wife just cleans it up when I walk away no fuss.
Not a big deal. She's a great women.
I don't expect it but it's always missin' when I return.
 She likes to know I'm Lovin' Life & I try my best at all times to offer her the same.
The mess is just a small one usually. Wood shavings, chips a little saw dust here and there.

A shot of "The Tote":



Whats in the "Tote now":



Top row - Left to right:
- Two journal's - The green one is for this project the red for an N-57 in production now as well
- Pencils - I keep several
- Sand paper of various grades
- A pair of Household Shares
- A few wood files of differing shapes and sizes
- A screw driver I modified to have a scribe end & it is wrapped with 80 grit sand paper
(The black handle)
- 1 Hobby knife w/ changeable blade
-1 sharp utility Razor Knife.

On the bottom left to right:

- A Coping saw
- 1 Long handled Dry Paint brush
- A 12 ft. pocket size Tape Measure.
Typically I have metal rulers & a set of calipers in the tote
- A small changeable Screw Driver
- 3 inch Hand Plane
-1 Chisel. Typically I have more chisels in tote

There may be more tools in the tote at any given time, depending on my projects, but basically, these tools travel back and forth with me from shop to house all the time.

Lovin' Life - It's ALL Oak Kay - RPO Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment